Where did Jesus say, “I am God, worship me?”
- Go to sheet of “Deity of Christ”
How can God die?
- Flesh of Christ (2 natures – Phil 2) died.
- Matt 27, Mark 15, Luke 23, John 19, 1 Cor 15
- These are EYEWITNESS accounts.
- Committed to writing in their lifetime + No new evidence = PROVEN AS FACT -Acts 1:3
- His soul did not die.
- It descended. – Matt 12:40
- It rejoined with his body and rose from the dead. – Mark 16:6, etc…
- He ascended (Body and Soul). – Mark 16:19
- No souls die. They either go to heaven or hell. – Luke 16
- Illustration – The Quran.
- Quran has 2 natures.
- One lasts forever (Q 15:9) and one can be destroyed.
- If a contradiction in Christianity, THEN it’s a contradiction in Islam.
The Bible has been corrupted.
- Christ claimed they wouldn’t. – Matt 24:35
- This uncorrupted Bible is the KING JAMES BIBLE.
- All others have been corrupted, starting in Paul’s lifetime. – 2 Cor 2:17
- See sheet on “Answers to King James issue.”
- In the same way that a Muslim believes the Arabic Quran is “word for word” the scriptures, the same is true of the King James Bible.
- Quran dilemma
- Bible is from Allah according to Quran. Q 3:3
- The Bible contradicts the Quran on several key points. (Salvation, Deity of Christ, etc.)
- Allah’s words can’t be changed. Q 18:27
- Either way, Islam is wrong.
- If Bible is corrupt, then the teaching of the Quran is INCORRECT.
- If Bible is not Corrupt, then the teaching of the Quran is INCORRECT.
Paul invented Christianity.
- Proved sincerity by his life. – Phil 3:4-10
- Proved sincerity by his death.
- Accepted by apostles in Acts 15 and 2 Pet 3:15,16.
- Q3:55 – Allah wouldn’t let Christ’s disciples endorse a false prophet.
- Followed Christ but had different ministry.
- Christ went to Jews primarily. – Matt 15:24
- Paul went to the Gentiles primarily. – Rom 11:15, 15:16