Is 55:6-9 – Clear distinction between the mind of god, man.
Ex 35:5,21,22,26,29 – Their own heart made them willing.
II Chron 31:14 – Free will offering.
Eze 18:32 – Created for his pleasure, but they still die.
Total Depravity – inability to freely believe on Jesus Christ.
I Chron 29:9,17 – They are doing by their own will
II Chron 1:10,11 – It is in solomon’s heart.
Ezra 7:10 – Ezra prepared his own heart
Is 55:6 – God commanded people to seek
Acts 10:2 – Trying to do work, so God sent a witness.
John 1:9 – Every man has some light.
Matt 23:37 – Sovereignty of man.
Unconditional Election – God picked, before Genesis 1, some men to heaven, some to hell for no reason.
- Que sera, sera….
- Fall of Adam
John 3:16 – Whosoever
John 7:17 – Any man…
John 9:31 – Any man…
John 9:32 – He was lifted up at Calvary. This answers John 6:44.
Rom 10:13 – Whosoever…
II Pet 3:9 – Any, All…
Rev 22:17 – Whosoever will…
Limited Atonement – The atonement is limited to those whom God already chose before Gen 1.
- So messed up, many Calvinists abandon it.
- Pink: to affirm that Christ shed his blood for the sins of all mankind, is to be guilty of charging him with rebellion against the sovereign will of God…
John 1:29 – Sin of the world.
John 4:42 – Saviour of the world.
John 6:51 – for the life of the world.
John 17:9 – World has to mean world. Not just elect
Satan is the God of the world. The god of the elect?
II Cor 5:14 – Christ died for all.
I Tim 2:4-6 – All men in vs 4 is all men of vs 1. Not just elect in either place.
I Tim 4:10 – Saviour of all men.
Heb 2:9 – For every man.
I John 2:2 – For the sins of the whole world.
Suddenly, they become dispensational and put this truth on jews only.
I John 4:14 – Saviour of the world.
2 Pet 2:1 – Even redeemed false prophets.
- Luke 19:10 – Are only elect, Lost?
- Rom 5:6 – Are only elect ungodly?
- I Tim 1:15 – Are only elect sinners?
- I Pet 3:18 – Are only elect, unjust?
Irresistible Grace – God send his HS to work in the lives of people so that they will definitely and certainly be changed from evil to good people. He does this in a sovereign and irresistible way.
- Why has God made so many americans get saved and so few Japanese, Sudanese, and Albanians?
John 5:40 – They’ve been invited, but they won’t come.
Acts 7:51 – They resist, so did fathers.
II Tim 3:8 – Corrupt mind, reprobate because they resisted the truth.
Prov 29:1 – Sounds like God can be resisted.
Prov 1:24,25 – They refused the call of God
Perseverance of the Saints – Often mistaken for Eternal Security.
- All saints will persevere. If they don’t, they’ll return.
- If they don’t return, they were never really saved.
- Proof is works.
- “The only evidence of election is effectual calling, that is, the production of holiness.
- How much holiness is enough?
- Great example is Lot. Did he persevere?
I Thess 5:23 – Preserved.
II Tim 4:18 – God will preserve.
Jude 1 – Preserved in Christ.
- Mandarin oranges. Good not because they persevered.